Traffic Enforcement in Limpopo Province has provided insight on the preparedness and planning for the transportation requirements for the Football World Cup in Limpopo. There are strict guidelines with regards to the transportation of freight in the province and this has been communicated in an information letter to all traffic and police services:
Freight-Info PLK during FWC 2010:
There are 4 match days in Polokwane:
13 June 2010 – 13h30 Match
17 June 2010 – 20h30 Match
22 June 2010 – 20h30 Match
24 June 2010 – 16h00 Match
On these Match Days:
1. NO ABNORMAL FREIGHT will be allowed on identified roads, including N1 in the Limpopo Province.
2. All other Freight will be stacked on the N1 outside Polokwane and escorted through Polokwane.
3. NO Freight deliveries will be allowed in Polokwane between 07h00 and 24h00.
2010 Specific Freight to Stadium
The Log Point at the Civil Airport on Silicon Road becomes operational on 6 June 2010.
All Freight is to report to the Log Point for verification and accreditation.
Each delivery must be registered on http://mds.2010oc.com.
Once a delivery slot is approved by the Log Point, a confirmation e-mail will be sent containing a delivery note, an indemnity form and a map to the Log Point.
Operating hours are as follows:
• Non-Match Days
Deliveries and Pick-ups from 08:00 to 20:00 with the exception of the following Non Delivery Times (may be
subject to change):
• 12th June 2010 Security Sweep from Midnight until 06:00 am on 13th June
• 13th June 2010 (Game 6) ALG vs. SVN from 07:00 until 2 hours after final whistle
• 16th June 2010 Security Sweep from Midnight until 06:00 am on 17th June
• 17th June 2010 (Game 18) FRA vs. MEX from 13:30 until 2 hours after final whistle
• 21st June 2010 Security Sweep from Midnight until 06:00 am on 22nd June
• 22nd June 2010 (Game 36) GRE vs. ARG from 13:30 until 2 hours after final whistle
• 23rd June 2010 Security Sweep from Midnight until 06:00 am on 24th June
• 24th June 2010 (Game 42) PAR vs. NZL from 9:00 until 08:00 am on 25th June
• Match Day Deliveries
For 13h30 Matches: Deliveries from 06h00 – 07h00
For 16h00 Matches: Deliveries from 07h00 – 09h00
For 20h30 Matches: Deliveries from 08h00 – 13h30
• Match Day Pick-ups
Pick-ups after Matches only allowed from earliest 2 hours after final whistle, therefore:
For 13h30 Matches: From 17h30
For 16h00 Matches: From 20h00
For 20h30 Matches: From 24h00 – 02h00
• Outbound Deliveries and Pick-ups after Final Match
No Freight will be allowed through the Log Point and into the stadium after final until 08h00 am the next morning