John Pangilinan, the renowned Southern California tuner known for creating vehicles that blur the lines between lifestyle and automotive, has released details on his 2016 Tucson SEMA build. Dubbed the “Adventuremobile”, the vehicle blends Hyundai’s new crossover platform with a passion for the great outdoors, perfect for the weekend getaway.
The car will be revealed at Hyundai’s SEMA press conference on 3 November in Las Vegas.
The “Adventuremobile” is just as at home on the daily commute as it is lugging gear up into the mountains for the weekend out of town. Most obvious is the addition of a Treeline Tamarack roof-top tent, with ample room to sleep two campers, and Goal Zero solar panels to power all of their accessories.
The exterior has been beefed up with the addition of an Aries bull bar and side steps, Rigid Industries LED lights, and the vehicle has been finished in a BASF army green paint scheme by Strasse Sport. A custom 380 mm suspension lift provides greater ground clearance, and Toyo Open Country A/T II tires with RAYS Gram Lights 57DR wheels provide the extra grip needed for the occasional off-road excursion.
Giving the Tucson a power boost, AEM provided an upgraded intake and charge pipe kit, and the engine breathes more freely through a Magnaflow exhaust system.
“Designed with the weekend adventurer in mind, the Tucson was the perfect platform for an ‘Adventuremobile,'” said Pangilinan. “The build blends performance with the excitement of the great outdoors, without sacrificing daily usability. The vehicle promotes exploration, making it ideal for the daily commute, weekend excursions, and the occasional road trip.”
- o AEM Intake
- o AEM Charge Pipe Kit
- o Magnaflow Exhaust
- o Custom Suspension Lift
- o Wilwood Custom Fabricated Brake Kit with Matching Army Green Painted Calipers
- o Rays Gram Lights 57DR Wheels, Semi-Gloss Black
- o Toyo Tires Open CountryA/T II Tires
- o Project KICS Leggdura Racing Lug Nuts
- o Project KICS Wide Tread Spacers
- o BASF Army Green Paint by Strasse Sport
- o Aries Bull Bar and Side Steps
- o Thule 47-in. Aeroblade
- o Thule Rapid Podium Foot Pack
- o Thule Fit Kit
- o Treeline Tamarack Constellation Gen2 Roof-Tent
- o Goal Zero Nomad 20 Solar Panel
- o Katzkin Custom Leather Upholstery
- o Seat Belt Planet Custom Army Green Seat Belts
- o Truck Vault Storage with Trekpak System
- o Goal Zero
- o Yeti 400 Solar Generator
- o CTEK Battery Charger
- o Car Audio System Built by BP Auto Sound
- o Clarion
- SRG1623S Components
- EQS755 Equalizer
- MCD360 Crossover
- WF250D Shallow Subwoofers
- XC1410 Full Range Amp
- XC2110 Sub Am
Follow #HyundaiSEMA to keep up to speed on all of this year’s SEMA activity.