Traffic along routes heading to Durban is expected to increase as people travel to the 2016 Vodacom Durban July taking place this weekend.
ER24 is urging all motorists to drive with caution.
Below are some safety tips:
- Ensure your vehicle is roadworthy and conduct a safety check prior to driving to your destination. Inspect all vehicle lights, tyres and windscreen wipers.
- Make sure you have a spare wheel, tyre jack, fire extinguisher and first aid kit in your vehicle.
- Ensure you are well rested prior to leaving and take regular breaks during your travel.
- Refrain from speeding. Alter your speed according to the environment you are in. Keep a safe following distance.
- Be alert at all times. Do not be impatient.
- Obey the rules of the road.
- Refrain from road rage.
- Do not drive while under the influence of liquor or drugs.
- Ensure children and pets are appropriately restrained while in the vehicle.
- Do not speak on your cellular phone or text while driving.
In case of a medical emergency, contact ER24 on 084 124.
084 211 2277