The #CarseatFullstop campaign was launched on Mandela Day, 18 July 2016, on The Expresso Morning Show. Campaign creator Mandy Lee Miller felt this was the perfect day to launch an initiative designed to make a real and lasting change on South African society.
“The Nelson Mandela Foundation described the celebration of Mandela Day as a global call to action for people to recognise their individual power to make an imprint and help change the world around them for the better,” says campaign creator, Mandy Lee Miller.
“#CarseatFullstop is 100% in line with that and we aim to encourage each and every person to make their imprint by simply sharing the campaign messaging with their individual social
networks – not just for 67 minutes, but every day. You never know who might see it and make a change, saving a little life.”
With only 15% of South African children strapped in safely in passenger cars on our roads, the chances are that there IS somebody in your network that is contributing to the terrifying 85%
of children who are not.
In addition to the core campaign goal of raising awareness of the importance of car seats and safe usage of car seats, #CarseatFullstop is also encouraging people to donate their secondhand
car seats for 67 days.
Wheel Well is an amazing organisation that takes in second-hand and used car seats and completely refurbishes those that can be made 100% safe, and responsibly disposes of those that cannot. The safe seats are then made available to those who cannot afford a car seat otherwise, for a donation of whatever they can afford.
“Car seats are a must have for all kids traveling in a car,” says Wheel Well owner Peggie Mars. “The problem is that there are parents that can’t afford this vital investment new. That
used seat gathering dust in a garage can be the difference between life and death for a less fortunate child.”
#CarseatFullstop headline partner Volvo Car South Africa is actively involved in helping Wheel Well to achieve this goal. You can drop your second-hand car seat at any Volvo Cars dealer
throughout South Africa and they will get it to Wheel Well for the Car Seats for Kids initiative,” says Miller.
At the end of our #CarseatFullstop 67 days, Volvo will deliver the donated car seats from around the country, along with donating 30 of their own top-of-the-range Volvo child seats.
You have the power to save a little life. One share, seen by one person, who straps in one child, saves a life.
Follow us on our social media pages us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+, sign up for our newsletter so we can keep you up to date with how things are going and how you
can help spread this message further.
#CARSEATFULLSTOP IS SUPPORTED BY VOLVO CAR SOUTH AFRICA. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE FREE CHILDREN AND CARS MANUAL HERE.