Trentyre is proud to announce that it has attained Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) Level 4 Contributor Status under the Amended Codes of Good Practice. The Codes of Good Practice were amended and promulgated in May 2015, and required stringent requirements to be met. Companies have realised the detrimental effect if not taken seriously.
Trentyre took on the challenge and formed a project team that made a concerted effort to apply transformational strategies in its business operations. This strategy included focused initiatives for management control, employment equity, skills development, enterprise and supplier development, and socio-economic development.
The project team ensured that Trentyre:
- Applied development plans to employ a workforce representative of South African demographics in terms of race, gender, and disability at all levels in the organisation;
- Accelerated the involvement of Black people in operational, professional, and executive decision-making, by way of focused skills development programmes;
- Implemented a targeted procurement strategy geared to increase procurement from companies that have made significant progress in their B-BBEE status;
- Adopted a developmental approach to socio-economic development initiatives in disadvantaged communities through a Corporate Social Investment Programme; and
- Complied with the Mining Charter by having 30.07% Black ownership, more than the prescribed 25.10% plus 1 vote.
- Trentyre is certified an ‘Empowering Supplier’, which means that it is considered a good citizen South African entity, complying with all regulatory requirements of the country. Testament to
- Trentyre’s approach towards transformation that goes beyond compliance, it contributes towards a viable and adaptive economy characterised by growth, employment, and equity.
Todd Tyler, Operations Director at Trentyre stated, “Transformation has always been the bedrock of our business operations; however, the Amended Codes of Good Practice ensured that we were not complacent as an organisation, that we make even more concerted effort to embed our transformational strategy. This means that Trentyre has become a front runner of transformation in our sector, contributes towards an adaptive economy, and remains competitive in the marketplace”.