Limpopo: Joint Intelligence Driven Operations comprising of stop and searches were conducted on Wednesday, 15 March 2017 in the various Clusters throughout the Province.
SAPS members embarked on operations in various clusters including, Lephalale, Polokwane, Groblersdal, second handTzaneen, Mahwelereng and Giyani.
The operations aimed second-hand goods, compliance checks at second hand goods premises, drugs, firearms, suspected stolen goods and contact crimes and the following successes were made:
– 23 suspects were arrested.
– 02 unlicensed firearms and ammunition were recovered.
– 500 sachets of nyaope Drugs were recovered.
– 43 sachets and two bags of dagga with the estimated street value of R46 000.00 were recovered.
– 01 cell phone.
– Various suspected to be stolen items including clothing, shoes and a rechargeable drill machine.
During the stop and search operation, inspections were conducted at various second hand goods dealers. Over 700 pamphlets on various topics of crime including the Second Hand Goods Act were distributed.