All residents and frequenters of Panorama Parade, Margate, as well as visitors to the 2017 South Coast Bike Fest #SCBF2017, are encouraged to pre-register – free of charge, ahead of time to avoid any access issues.
The festival area, which starts past the Boulevard Car Park, will be secured throughout the event which runs from 10 am on 27 April to 4 pm on 30 April, meaning access can only be given to those who completed the free pre-registration online at www.quicket.co.za. Although registration will also be performed on the day, event access will be prohibited once the site is deemed full by the safety manager so residents are urged to complete pre-registration early.
Anyone working or residing along Panorama Parade in Margate, extending from Mac’s Cottages north towards the Boulevard Car Park, will have to pre-register. This does not apply to anyone working or residing along Marine Drive.
All accommodation venues within the KZN South Coast District area with visitors coming in for the South Coast Bike Fest are asked to send the pre-registration link to the guests ahead of time to ensure no delays in accessing the venue.
The pedestrian entry points:
• Enter at Steers under Welcome Tower Entrance – Pedestrian Entrance No 1 and bike entrance (past Boulevard Car Par)
• Continental Court Entrance – Pedestrian Entrance No 2
• William O’Connor Drive Entrance – Pedestrian Entrance No 3
• Warrick Road – Pedestrian Entrance No 4 (between Seagull and Seabrook)
• Top of Post Office Lane Pedestrian Entrance No 5 (exit only for bikes)
• Remington Lane– Pedestrian Entrance No 6 (Tidal Pool)
• Margate Beach Wimpy – Pedestrian Entrance No 7
• Fishing Pier to Panorama Parade – Pedestrian Entrance No 8
Road closures and traffic flow changes
Organisers respectfully ask for understanding during the event which will require certain adjustments to the traffic flow. No car bars or drinking in public out of the event zone will be allowed.
Panorama Parade will become a one-way only system, operating from north to south from 24 April with an exit via Post Office Lane. Please note that Remington will be closed off to any vehicles wanting to turn left onto Panorama Parade and diverted via Finnis Road.
• From 8 am on 24 April until 4 pm on 1 May, Panorama Parade is a one-way system – traffic flow to run by entering at Steers and exiting up Post Office Lane.
• From 8 am on 24 April until 4 pm on 26 April, one lane of Panorama Parade will be open to all vehicles as a one-way system.
• Between 8 am on 26 April and 4 pm on 30 April, Panorama Parade will only be accessible by motorcycle vehicles or event permit holders. For event permit holders, access will be between the hours of 11 pm and 8 am only and any unauthorised vehicles within the site outside of these times will be towed.
On Sunday, 30 April from 10 am there will be various road closures to accommodate the Shelly Centre Mass Parade which departs from Shelly Centre at 10.30am. The parade line-up and escort are available at www.southcoastbikefest.co.za or at the tourism information kiosk next to the Margate Tourism beach office. There will also be a Custom Bike Show taking place on William O’Connor Drive.
Permit Holding System
Between 11 pm and 8 am from 27 April to 30 April, vehicles with permits will be able to access Panorama Parade. These include:
1. Delivery vehicles for vendors trading at the event. Permits to be accessed by emailing email@example.com and collected from the #SCBF event team between 8 am on 24 April and 4 pm on 27 April at Sasol Garage, Marine Drive. Bring a driver’s licence and vehicle registration number for collection.
2. Local residents and business with access only via Marine Drive. Permits to be obtained before the event at the Margate Business Association by contacting Corrie on 039 317 2202. Please bring proof of residency.
3. Holiday letting customers with access only via Marine Drive. Permits to be obtained from the letting agent via the collection key box at Sasol Garage, Marine Drive.
The 2017 #SCBF – which is owned by UGU South Coast Tourism (Pty) Ltd – promises an incredible four days of fantastic entertainment and fun, boasting, three festival stages, eight festival-themed bars, eight corporate dealership deck, 22 on-site restaurants, pubs and clubs as well as 35 of South Africa’s top bands.
The Village Margate Trading Square will be selling quality biking products with buskers, street artists, Samba dancers, fire eating and craft beer villages situated within the Mardi Gras Village.
There will be unbelievable fuel-powered entertainment at the Gravity Clash Action Show where 11 bikes, BMX and skateboards performing twice daily as well as the epic Powasol EnduroX Series where top endure, motocross, trials and fun riders will put on an impressive biking display. The Dezzi Festival of Speed, taking place at Dezzi South Coast Raceway, will also give audiences the chance to witness some high-speed biking action by top level riders.
The online pre-registration allows #freefunseeker ticket holders access to the event boulevard which includes secure parking. To pre-register for the #freefunseeker tickets, visit www.quicket.co.za.
Tickets to the #fuelyourfun Carling Main Beach also available at www.quicket.co.za at a cost of R200 for the VIP cocktail bar day pass. For a VIP four-day pass the cost is R360. Children under 12 enter free and must be accompanied by their parents.
Keep up to date on all the event happenings via:
Facebook: south coast bike fest
— Arrive Alive (@_ArriveAlive) April 21, 2017