- Dealers praised for outstanding results
- Multi-disciplinary approach used to award winners
Zanzibar, Tanzania – Daimler Trucks & Buses (comprising of Mercedes-Benz Trucks, Freightliner, FUSO Trucks and Buses, Mercedes-Benz Bus & Coach and Western Star) and Mercedes-Benz Vans, both subsidiaries of Mercedes-Benz South Africa (MBSA), rewarded its most stellar commercial vehicles dealers for 2016 at a Dealer of the Year event held on 29 July in Zanzibar.
Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles Durban took home the 2016 Daimler Trucks & Buses Dealer of the Year award, cementing their place as one of the most innovative dealers in the dealer network footprint.
“Last year proved to be a tough one for the commercial vehicles industry, but our dealers proved their mettle and delivered the type of excellent results we are recognizing them for,” says Jasper Hafkamp, Executive Director of Daimler Trucks & Buses southern Africa.
“We measure our dealer partners’ performance in terms of deliverables which include customer satisfaction, customer relationship management, new vehicles, after-sales and target performance,” added Hafkamp.
Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles Gauteng East was awarded the Mercedes-Benz Vans Dealer of the Year accolade, confirming the dealer’s constant appetite for increased customer satisfaction.
“I am delighted to present this award to all of our Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles Gauteng colleagues, as this is a team effort. From the sales staff to the workshop and the administration team, they did extremely well last year and I am confident that they will do everything in their power in order to retain the award next year,” said Nadia Trimmel, Head of Mercedes-Benz Vans Southern Africa.
The night was heaped with praises as various other awards were awarded to worthy recipients. These included the Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Chairman’s Award (handed out to Garden City Commercial Vehicles), the TruckStore Recognition Award and the Best Overall Performance by a General Distributor.
Other winners from the awards included:
- Best Sales Performance Category for Mercedes-Benz Trucks: De Wit Motors
- Best Sales Performance Category for Mercedes-Benz Buses: Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles Gauteng North and West
- Best Sales Performance Category for Freightliner: John Williams Motors
- Best Sales Performance Category for Fuso: John Williams Motors
- Most Improved Dealer for Mercedes-Benz Vans: McCarthy Kunene Commercial Vehicles
- Most Improved Dealer for Daimler Trucks & Buses: Union Motors South Coast
- Top Brand Performance for Vans Large Volume: Garden City Commercial Vehicles
- Top Brand Performance for Vans Medium Volume: Union Motors South Coast
- Top Brand Performance for Mercedes-Benz Trucks: Large Volume Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles Cape Town
- Top Brand Performance for Mercedes-Benz Trucks Medium Volume: Mercurius Motors
- Top Brand Performance for Mercedes-Benz Buses Overall: Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles Gauteng North & West
- Top Brand Performance for Freightliner Large Volume: John Williams Motors
- Top Brand Performance for Freightliner Medium Volume: Union Motors South Coast
- Top Brand Performance for FUSO Large Volume: Sandown Commercial Vehicles Bellville
- Top Brand Performance for FUSO Medium Volume: Union Motors South Coast