The Gabriel Safari HDP is a genuine, robust, technologically-advanced, big-bore shock absorber specifically designed and manufactured in South Africa to cater for the heavy duty performance requirements of today’s SUV, 4×4 and light commercial applications.
The Gabriel Safari HDP 4X4 Shock Absorbers – Technical Specifications
Drivers who use Gabriel shock absorbers comment on the smooth travelling of their vehicles. However shock absorbers are not just for comfort; as their primary purpose is to keep wheels in contact on the ground. Shock absorbers also affect the steering, road handling and braking of your vehicle, which is why they are vital for your safety.
Our years of research and testing have resulted in Gabriel developing a shock absorber that is firm enough to prevent the wheels from leaving the ground, but also supple enough in their damping to ensure that the vehicle is not directly subjected to the forces incurred by the various hazards and road conditions present in South Africa.
Our shock absorbers also control the bouncing movement of the wheels by controlling the rate at which the suspension springs compress and extend. In so doing, the shock helps maintain traction and control of the body, as well as the pitch and roll of the vehicle during cornering, braking and acceleration. With more accurate control and steering, Gabriel shock absorbers enhance safety through good road holding.
Gabriel Safari HDP – Introduction
The Gabriel Safari HDP is a genuine, robust, technologically-advanced, big-bore shock absorber specifically designed and manufactured in South Africa to cater for the heavy duty performance requirements of today’s SUV, 4×4 and light commercial applications. Allowing for greater ride control and increased comfort over other comparative shock absorbers in the market, the Gabriel Safari HDP and its three-year unlimited kilometer warranty delivers up its historical Gabriel pedigree and also sets a new standard for performance-based shock absorbers applications.
Gabriel Safari HDP – Product Features
• Ø35, Ø41 or Ø46 Big bore Working Cylinder
• High temperature oil that can operate effectively at 180ºC
• Viton rod seal
• Hydraulic stop lock
• 360º reinforce welded mounts
• Solid Machined eye rings
• Durable polyurethane / rubber mounting bushes
• Teflon DU bushes in rod guides
• Velocity sensitive valving
• 3 years unlimited kilometers warranty
Gabriel Safari HDP – Colouring Features
• New “eye catching” Green product housing/body
• Black dust cover
• Black mounting bushes
• New look packaging with quick side reference HDP colour coding
Gabriel Safari HDP – Product Benefits
• The big bore working cylinder will reduce the stress on the working components of the shock absorber thereby increasing the durability of the shock.
• The high-temperature oil infused with nitrogen gas allows the shock to effectively operate at higher temperatures (180ºC) as encountered in severe off-road and loading conditions. Normal oil operates effectively at 120ºC.
• Infusing nitrogen gas enhances quicker shock absorber response times, greater vehicle control and ride comfort.
• The new polyurethane mounting bushes considerably reduce wear and tear.
• The Teflon insert between the rod guide and the rod significantly reduces the friction between the rod and the rod guide.
• The new hydraulic stop lock cushions any metal to metal contact inside the shock under full extension.
• The new cast iron piston ring is much more durable in high operating temperatures than the alternative rubber Teflon type rings.
• The full 360º reinforce welded mounts adds significant strength to the mounting points of the shock absorber.
• One piece solid machined eye-rings are much stronger and aesthetically more appealing than the normal alternative curled eye rings
• Rust inhibit finish applied (Chrome plated and trication of zinc phosphate)
• Designed for both standard and up to 50mm raised suspensions